Saturday, March 12, 2011

Wonderful Recipe, one of my favorites!

So I made a cake for our anniversary, and I decided I would share my wonderful recipe!

FIRST STEP:  You will need to buy yellow cake mix bake as instructed but in a round pan ( I just bought a pre made cake), also sprinkles of your choice, frosting of your choice, garnish of your choice(cherries, or strawberries), and 4-5 flavors of your favorite colors of JELLO.

SECOND STEP:  place 4-5 cups out and in each take 1 tablespoon of each flavor of JELLO and put it in the bowl.  You will need to boil water simultaneously.  When water is finished boiling pour 1/3 cup of boiling water into each cup, stir.

THIRD STEP:  You will need to cut the round cake in half and place each half on foil.  Take a tablespoon and begin to splash the colors on BOTH halves wherever you would like to.

FIRTH STEP:  Wrap each half in Seran wrap and place in fridge for about an hour.  After, unwrap each half and lay each one on its back so you can see the jello you splashed.


FIFTH STEP: Next you will take your frosting and do just a little bit on the bottom half to use as a glue for the top part of the cake to stick on. Begin frosting the whole cake inside, and out. TIP ( I placed my cake foil, then placed it on the decorating plate I chose to use so it doesn't get the plate messy. Also when finished, clean off your spreading knife and get it wet and smooth out lumps of frosting. When finished frosting, carefully place your hand under cake (unfrosted area) and pull the foil out gently, retouch cake if needed).

Then sprinkle edges, and you are done!





No comments:

Post a Comment





chady

chady