Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Where'd all the good people go?

Lately I have been listening to the Jack Johnson song quite a bit, and it really got me to question where DID all the good people go?!  I feel like I am so angry with people, so I really just needed to write about it. I mean I understand, life is hard!  We have to work harder to afford to pay for rent, for food, for gas, and to really just have a life, but I do not understand what why people are letting it get to the best of them.  It is so sad to me because all I see are people who are mean to there own family because they are not happy with their own self worth, all I see are kids picking on other kids, I see friends turn their back on friends, and not even taking a second to go out of their way to see how things are going.  I see it more and more, and this whole world is starting to fill with smug! haha  The one thing that brought me to write about this, is because I am most tired of being treated this way.  You know the saying " treat people how you want to be treated" well that is no longer the case anymore, it is treat people how you WOULD want to be treated, but they don't care enough to treat you nicely back.  I am tired of making myself look dumb in order to make someone else look better and them turning around and actually making me look more stupid (if that makes sense), I am tired of being there for someone who in return can not be there for me, I am tired of feeling like a complete loser because I don't have an attitude that makes me "fit in" with everyone else.  I have seen it time and time again because I don't drink, because I am Mormon, because I live MY LIFE how I think it should be lived, I get persecuted for it. I am tired of getting put down because I know what I am doing is what gives me such a positive attitude in life because I know I have something to look forward to.   I think we all, including myself, need to take a second and think about the little things.  Not how well you fit in with others, not who has the coolest clothes, or better home, or more money, we need to focus on making this world as best of a place as we can with all the turmoil going on.  It is not the time to give up and get so stressed to the point you can't even put a smile on your face to brighten someone else's day.
Whenever I go to the grocery store people are always so dang moody, and what I can't ever get my head around is if I had a freaking horrible day, you don't see me cutting you off, rolling my eyes at you, and swearing all obnoxiously, so therefore they do not have an excuse.  I might go off on a tangent for a second, but I also want to know why people feel it is necessary to swear in unnecessary situations.  We all may swear every now and then when we stub our toe, or hit our "funny bone", but why say it in the middle of a stupid sentence, I mean honestly you look dumb, sound dumb, and your IQ dropped about 50 points!  I will stop writing now, but it feels SO good to actually get this out because I just could not take it anymore.  So just so we are clear, I am not saying I think that I am better than everyone else, all I ask for is for people to be nice, get over themselves and start treating people they way they SHOULD be treated, we all have a little room for improvement. :)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43VyrUFEyNo

No comments:

Post a Comment





chady

chady