Monday, February 7, 2011

The way we react to adversity an be a major factor in how happy and successful we can be in life.

This is my favorite talk, well one of them that was given at general conference, whether you are mormon, jewish, baptist whatever I think everyone should live by these words; "come what may, and love it".  Elder  Wirthlin talks about how when he was a young boy he recalls a time when he was playing football, and he had fallen' down.  His mom was always there and helped him up by saying, come what may and love it.  Since then he always took a different outlook on life, and ever since I heard this talk, so did I.  I think he puts it beautifully when he says that "every life as its peaks and shadows and times when it seems that the birds don't sing and bells don't ring  Yet in spite of discouragement and adversity, those who are happiest seem to have a way of learning from difficult times, becoming stronger, wiser, and happier as a result."  I have had many hardships in my life, especially these last couples years, but when I look back at them, I look at them as blessings.  I have become the way I am today, because of my trials, and I truly do love all the hardships I have had and that still come my way.  You can always tell when someone doesn't have a very bright outlook on life, because most of them blame the world for their problems rather than looking at the brighter side of things.  Trust me, I am not perfect, but life sure is a heck of a lot easier just going along for the ride wherever life takes you!

No comments:

Post a Comment





chady

chady