Thursday, April 14, 2011

Homemade Magnets

Ok so this idea was inspired by my friend Larissa Clemens.  The other day I was over at her house and she had the cutest magnets and I asked her where she got them, and she said she made them! So next paycheck I am making my way over to hobby lobby and getting my supplies!

What you need:

  • A bag full of clear glass gems
  • strong non-adhesive magnets (small enough to fit on back, but sturdy enough to carry weight of the Gem) 
  • Mod Podge (a clear glue also found at your local craft store)
  • Any fun paper or background you want to use on the magnet.


  1. The first step is to cut out the photo or background ho you would like it to appear on the magnet, and make sure it fits the diameter of the glass gem.
  2. Use the Mod Podge to glue the face of the image to the flat part of the gem.
  3. Let dry (refer to the instructions on the Mod podge)
  4. Use Mod podge or other glue, to glue the magnet the back of the picture, and your magnet is complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment





chady

chady